As a Scientific Computing Specialist I'm working closely with faculty and researchers at the Earlham Institute. This role serves as a technical domain expert in supporting and advising faculty on using High Performance Computing (HPC) for their research and grant writing.
My responsibilities are:
- Compiling, debugging, optimising, profiling and porting of applications on EI computer systems.
- Improving parallel scaling and load balancing of research codes and work flows.
- Assisting scientific researchers with data management best practices and policies.
- Consulting and interacting with faculty and their research groups on a one-to-one basis to enable them to fully utilise the EI computational resources and other national computational resources for their scientific research.
- Designing, creating and presenting tutorials, hands-on workshops, and documentation.
- Supporting the Scientific Computing Group in evaluating novel compute and storage technologies for Bioinformatics.