Norwich Single-Cell Symposium 2021
Now in its fourth year, the annual Norwich Single-Cell Symposium at Earlham Institute covers single-cell genomics technologies and their application in microbial, plant, animal and human health and disease.
15 September 2021
16 September 2021
10h00 - 17h00
15 August 2021
About the event.
**This event has been postponed from 2020 due to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. The speakers were confirmed for our 2020 event, and we are hopeful they will be able to attend in 2021.**
Single-cell genomic technologies continue to develop at pace, generating new insights into cellular diversity within living systems. This event aims to bring together researchers applying single-cell technologies across a wide range of species.
The symposium covers single-cell genomics technologies and their application in microbial, plant, animal and human health and disease. Offering a forum for researchers to discuss the latest developments in single-cell genomics, whilst networking with other researchers with the intention of catalysing future development and application of single-cell genomics across the UK.
The event will feature talks from invited speakers and selected abstracts, and we are keen to capture as broad a range of single-cell applications as possible. Topics to be covered include:
- Single-cell genomics in plant and microbial research
- Single-cell genomics in health, disease and development
- Single-cell informatics
- Single-cell technology development
We are offering the opportunity to present your research at the symposium. This will either be as a 15-20 minute talk, or as a poster (you can select your preference during the registration). Submission deadline for abstracts is 1 August 2021.
- All abstracts must be submitted electronically as part of your registration. Submissions via email will not be accepted
- Abstract limits are 250 words (excluding title, authors and affiliations)
- Presenting author should be highlighted in bold
- Abstracts will be reviewed within 14 days of the submission deadline and you will be informed of the outcome shortly thereafter
Would you like to sponsor this event? Contact email@example.com to register your interest and find out more.
Day 1 - Wednesday 15 September
|10:00 - 10:30||Registration and coffee|
|10:30 - 10:40||Welcome|
|10:40 - 11:00||Invited Speaker 1|
|11:00 - 11:20||Invited Speaker 2|
|12:00 - 12:30||Poster lightning talks|
|12:30 - 14:00||Networking Lunch and Posters|
|14:00 - 14:20||Invited Speaker 3|
|14:20 - 14:40||Invited Speaker 4|
|14:40 - 15:00||Invited Speaker 5|
|15:00 - 15:20||Invited Speaker 6|
|15:30 - 16:00||Coffee break|
|16:00 - 16:50||Keynote Speaker 1|
|17:00||Coach to The Georgian Townhouse|
|17:30 - 10:00||Social mixer at The Georgian Townhouse|
Day 2 - Thursday 16 September
|09:30 - 10:00||Coffee|
|10:00 - 10:50||Keynote Speaker 2|
|10:50 - 11:10||Invited Speaker 7|
|11:10 - 11:40||Coffee break|
|11:40 - 12:00||Selected Speaker 1|
|12:00 - 12:20||Selected Speaker 2|
|12:20 - 12:40||Selected Speaker 3|
|12:40 - 13:40||Networking Lunch and Posters|
|13:40 - 14:00||Selected Speaker 4|
|14:00 - 14:20||Selected Speaker 5|
|14:20 - 14:40||Selected Speaker 6|
|14:40 - 15:00||Close of event and feedback|
|15:00||Departures (coffee available)|
Additional speakers will be added as event details and programme are confirmed.
Registration will include lunch and refreshments on both days, and the evening social event on Wednesday 15 September 2021 in a private function room at The Georgian Townhouse.
Please see the list below of recommended accommodation:
- Broadview Lodge is on the nearby University of East Anglia (UEA) campus, offers reasonable rates and is around a 20 minute walk to Earlham Institute.
- There are many Travelodge and Premier Inn hotels in and around Norwich, various distances to EI.
- The Georgian Townhouse is 2.9 miles from EI, near the city centre, and is where we are holding the evening social event.
- Park Farm Hotel is 4 miles from EI, to the south of Norwich in the village of Hethersett.
- Maid’s Head Hotel is 4.6 miles from EI in the centre of Norwich city, next to the Cathedral.
Please carefully review our standard online event booking terms and conditions prior to registering for this event. Completing an online registration and associated payment process will mean that you are bound by these terms and conditions. Any supplemental terms or changes to these conditions on a per event basis will be included on this page. If you have any queries regarding our events or in relation to your booking, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are very grateful to our sponsors in supporting this event:
Address and map.
Norwich Research Park