EI Innovate: genomics data to advance bioscience
Developing solutions to global issues with EI’s advanced capabilities and expertise in genomics and bioinformatics - improving global food security, environmental management, conservation, health and wellbeing.
13 November 2019
10h00 - 16h30
31 October 2019
About the event.
This event will showcase our capabilities and expertise in genomics, bioinformatics, synthetic biology, crop phenotyping, and high-performance computing.
This expertise allows us to understand complex biological systems in plants and animals and their interaction with the environment, which can help to develop solutions to industrial challenges in global food security, improving human, animal and plant health, and aid conservation.
We work with a number of academic and private organisations across the agriculture, food and health sectors, as well as charities and other organisations involved in conservation and protection of biodiversity.
This event will help you to fully understand the opportunities for collaboration with EI, and how engaging with our science and services can be of benefit to you and your organisation.
Offering talks, networking, discussion groups and tours, the event will improve awareness of the full range of our research and capabilities, and how these can be accessed.
We welcome individuals from organisations engaged with:
- research utilising genomics, bioinformatics, high performance computing and statistics applied to biological systems;
- deploying bioinformatics, data analysis, and machine learning techniques that utilise genomics data;
- repositories of biologic materials and gene banks, botanical gardens and zoos;
- the agri-food supply chain and biotech sector;
- developing lab instrumentation, tools, products, and services for bioinformatics, genomics, and data analysis and integration;
- protection of biodiversity and conservation;
- medical diagnostic, digital healthcare, precision medicine;
- investment, plus public funders and government bodies investing in research and innovation in life sciences and adjacent technologies.
13 November 2019
**Please note that this programme is tentative and may be subject to change. More details will be added over the coming months.**
|10:00 - 10:30|
Coffee and networking
|10:30 - 10:40||Welcome|
|10:40 - 11:00||Talk #1 - Earlham Institute|
|11:00 - 11:20||Talk #2 - Kew: Exploring the Genomics, Traits and Uses of Plant and Fungal Diversity - Professor Alexandre Antonelli|
|11:20 - 11:40||Networking break with refreshments|
|11:40 - 12:30||Earlham Institute science showcase|
|12:30 - 13:00||Lunch|
|13:00 - 15:00||Breakout sessions and tours of EI labs|
|15:00 - 15:30||Networking break with refreshments|
|15:30 - 15:50||Keynote talk - Oxford Nanopore Technologies Ltd|
|15:50 - 16:10||Talk #3 - Earlham Institute|
|16:10 - 16:30||Closing remarks|
|16:30||Close of event and depart|
Speakers and organisers.
Address and map.
Norwich Research Park