The Technology Algorithms Group is focused primarily on two areas:
- Evaluating new genomics technologies and developing bioinformatics enabling tools.
- Algorithms for analysis and assembly of metagenomic data - often inspired by new technology developments.
A lot of our current work involves third generation sequencing platforms (Oxford Nanopore, PacBio), but we are also evaluating new protocols and developing new tools for short read technologies (e.g. 10x).
Some of our current projects include:
- Development of the NanoOK tool for nanopore data analysis
- Development of MetaCortex, an assembly tool for metagenomic data
- In-field and real-time sequencing
- Clinical and environmental sequencing projects
- Ocean metagenomics
- Viral metagenomics
- Real-time, low-power, efficient analysis
- Optical computing
Visiting and affiliated colleagues.
Identifying and Classifying Trait Linked Polymorphisms in Non-Reference Species by Walking Coloured de Bruijn Graphs
Leggett R.M., Ramirez-Gonzalez R.H., Verweij W., Kawashima C.G., Iqbal Z., Jones J.D.G., Caccamo M., MacLean D. (2013).
PLoS ONE 8(3): e60058.